Thai Peanut Soup and Tonkotsu Ramen are two of my favorite dishes, and this recipe not only combines both those things but it's also a lot healthier than the rich fatty pork broth found in Tonkotsu. This soup recipe is better than anything I have found in a restaurant, it's super rich and bursting with flavor!
- 4 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 13-14 ounce can of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter (or creamy if you don't want a crunch)
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1-2 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 2-4 servings of ramen noodles
- 1 lime
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped, plus more for serving
- 2-3 Bird's Eye / Thai / Red Chilis, diced (This is optional, but the spiciness helps balance the richness)
1. In the bowl of the instant pot, combine the chicken broth, coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce, honey, peanut butter, curry paste, chicken, baby bella mushrooms, peppers, ginger, and garlic. Seal the Instant Pot, select Pressure Cook and set it for 10 mins.
2. Once done cooking, use the quick release to release the steam, natural release will result in over cooked chicken!
3. Set the Instant pot to LOW sauté. Shred the chicken, it should fall apart. Add lime juice, spinach, and basil. You CAN add the noodles at this point, but it's not recommended unless all of the soup is going to be served. Noodles in the leftovers will become mushy and absorb all the broth.
4. Add the amount of noodles you want to your bowl and ladle the soup into bowls on top of the noodles. Eat when the noodles are at the desired texture!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.